Curious about hypnosis? Want to know if it will work for you? Here’s a great way to find out.
Choose A, B or C
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself at a movie. How clearly can you picture your favorite actor?
(C) Can’t “get it.”
- You’re on a diet and you’re bored. Ice Cream is in the freezer. Will you
(A) Leave it there
(B) Take one bite
(C) Finish it
- You’re most comfortable in a
(C) Your own car
- Think of a place where you were happy. How well can you re-experience it?
- Your boss chews you out in front of co-workers. How well can you control your emotions?
(A) I’m in control and won’t lose it
(B) I can hold it in for a while
(C) I blow up
- How long does it take you to fall asleep?
(A) Ten minutes
(B) Closer to half an hour
(C) At least an hour
- Imagine you’re in love. How vivid is your image or feeling?
(A) Very vivid
(B) Somewhat vivid
(C) Not clear at all
- You’re last off a bus and you find a wallet filled with money. Assuming your intentions are honest, you:
(A) Take it to the driver
(B) Take it to the police
(C) Take it and call the owner
- You daydream:
(A) A lot
(B) From time to time
(C) Rarely, if ever
- Think about a proud moment when friends cheered you. Close your eyes and try to re-experience it. It was:
(A) Easy to re-experience
(B) You finally got it
(C) Difficult or impossible
Give yourself 10 points for each A answer, 5 for each B and 0 for each C.
55-100: You have a great imagination; you trust and let go. You’re a natural for hypnosis and for reaping its benefits.
25-45: If you can get past your analytical approach and focus longer on the imaginary, hypnosis will become easier for you.
0-24: You are very analytical and fear giving up control. It would take longer than average to hypnotize you the first time.